Skip to main content

Life Lessons From Blogging

In life we should always be evolving. We should never find ourselves in the same place doing the same thing for too long. For without growth, you are not living. To live is to experience, learn, and grow. I've only started my blogging journey and I've learned a few things so far.


USE YOUR VOICE
There are many people I come across that leave an impression on me for various reasons. When I think of someone who knows how to use their voice, Apryl Steadman Beverly, the million dollar word stylist, is at the forefront of my mind. If you are not familiar with Apryl, check her out on Facebook or her website at baab.biz . What I love about Apryl is that she uses her voice as an expression of who she is and what she does. Her very popular "Aprylisms" makes her unique and she's impacting the way others do business in the "internet streets". In this blogging world and in life, your voice can be an influence to the world around you. My vision for my own blog was kind of vague. All I knew was that I wanted to help and encourage people. How I was gonna do that was still on the planning table, but through my experiences, I'm learning to go deeper and find out what I really want to say. What I have in me is important and unique to who I am and somebody is waiting for me to express it so they can get what they need from me. Whether through your own blog, or whatever your stage is, somebody is waiting for you to share who you are so you, too, can make an impact on this world. 

BE CONSISTENT
In the process that is experiences, learning, and growth in this blogging world and life, consistency is the name of the game. When you are consistent you teach people to trust your commitment to show up.  Showing up isn't always easy. I've looked at my blog over the last few days and realize there's some time between posts. I started out wanting to post every single day, but life had other ideas. I then understood that consistency requires planning. To be an impact and an influence, you will have to plan how you are going to do that. Not every detail needs to be written in stone, but at least have an idea of what you want to do and how you want or need to achieve it.  Consistency helps you grow and develop those characteristics and skills that will make you a better person, better worker, or better business owner. Commit to showing up. Others are watching. 

TAKE THE RISK
I've spoken about overcoming your fears before and will probably continue to speak of it because fear is the #1 reason many people don't accomplish their dreams in life. In our heads we see the most creative, beautiful things we can accomplish, but then when it's time to do the work to fulfill the vision, we become afraid and start to doubt. See doubt is the kin to fear. Once fear sets in doubt ain't too far behind. What looked so cool and awesome in our minds, becomes a hard, daunting task in our real life. It doesn't have to be that way. Life is full of risks because God, in His infinite wisdom, doesn't always give us all the details of how things are gonna turn out. I believe if we were able to know too much we would do less, hence hindering our ability to experience, learn, and grow. It's okay to not know. It's not okay to not try. Blogging is a risk to your reputation, integrity, and livelihood. It requires such a level of transparency that can make even the strongest of personalities nervous. During the creation process of  a blog post, I don't know if somebody will see the post and it resonate with them, but I'm wiling to take that chance. With faith in what I know to be for my life, I'm willing to take the risk in exposing my experiences, what I've learned, and my own growth out there for whomever to see. Whatever you feel called to do, take the risk and just do it. Do it with faith that the reward is greater. 

Just to recap. Use your voice. Speak up and let the world hear what you have to say. Be consistent. Your consistency will change the game in your life and business/career. Lastly, take the risk. Don't allow fear to stop you. Move forward in faith. I'm rooting for ya!

Many blessings to ya,

Wanda




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lesson In Overcoming Fear

Whew. First post down. This is really a big deal to me. I've wanted to blog for a very long time. Many things hindered me from doing it in the past. Much of it was being afraid of being myself transparently. Then it was lack of support of others. It's not the first time I've stepped into uncharted waters. Nor the first time fear has tried to stop me. While I've succeeded in many things over my life, fear has been a huge factor for my not completing quite a few things in the past. Each step I took was met with fear of the next one. I'd conquer it and be afraid of the next step. Many times that next step would be a life altering opportunity. It would be that step where I would doubt myself and find myself seeking help from someone else who turned out to be the wrong someone else. Okay. So here is the pattern. "Know and believe you can accomplish greatness." Against all odds and the naysayers I would set out on my idea. Push and work my butt off to cre

The Joy of a Faith Journey

Many years ago, God decided it was a good time for me start the business He had placed in my heart several years prior. I love God.. A LOT!  So, whenever He gives me an assignment, I usually have no problem obeying. Now this one took me a minute to act upon. Not because of the assignment itself. I had been counting the days I could be free from working for other people and embark on the road to doing what I loved to do, which at that time was starting a local magazine. What had me hesitant was the timing. You see at the time I received this message I had been going through a divorce, recently homeless, laid off from work, and had 2 kids under the age of 5. I felt broke, defeated, and even embarrassed by my circumstances and God picked now to tell me to start a business. I was like , "Really, Lord? You know I am not in any position to do that now." His response was "Yes. I know." You know that look of "duh" your child may give you when you express the